Known internationally as the Mecca of Snipe Sailing, Mission Bay is home to many sailing legends. Fleet 495 provides competitive sailing events throughout the year. As with all snipe sailors we live by the motto Serious Sailing - Serious Fun. So join us for some serious fun.
The Snipe is a 15-1/2 foot, 2 person, one design racing dinghy with a rich history. Designed by William Crosby in 1931, it has evolved into a modern, tactical racing dinghy with fleets around the world. Although the Snipe Class has some of the best competition in the world, the class has not lost sight of the importance of social events and, in fact, many regattas are as well known for their parties as they are for their racing.
- Check out our Google Calendar.
January 19-20, 2013
Notice of Race
The regatta will be governed by the rules as defined in the current Racing Rules of Sailing.
2. Eligibility and Entry
2.1. The regatta is open to boats of active one design classes at Mission Bay Yacht Club. Members of other yacht clubs are welcome to attend.
2.2. Eligible boats may enter by completing online registration at www.mbyc.org, or by registering on site Saturday, January 19th.
2.3. A minimum of five boats is required for a class to receive a separate start.
3.1. The entry fee for the regatta is $12 per boat.
3.2. Tickets for the Vegas Night Fundraiser will be sold separately during registration and at the door during the evening event.
Saturday, January 19
1030 Competitor’s Meeting
1200 Warning for Race 1
Race 2 and Race 3 to follow
1800 Vegas Night Junior Fundraiser!!!
Sunday, January 22
1200 Warning for Race 4
Race 5 and Race 6 to follow
No race to be started after 1530
Trophy Ceremony following racing
5.1. Races will be run on courses as defined by the MBYC Bay Course Chart.
5.2. Sailing Instructions will be available at Registration/Check-In
RRS Appendix A Scoring shall apply, modified such that each boat’s worst score shall only be excluded if six races are completed. Two races shall constitute a series.
The Scoring Penalty, Rule 44.1, shall apply.
Trophies will be awarded to the top three boats in each class.
9. Disclaimer of Liability
Competitors participate in the regatta entirely at their own risk. See rule 4, Decision to Race. The organizing authority will not accept any liability for material damage or personal injury or death sustained in conjunction with or prior to, during, or after the regatta.
10. Further Information
September 21 - 23, 2012
This regatta is open to SCIRA skippers who are 45 years old or older in 2012, and whose age, combined with that of the crew, must equal at least 80 in the year of the regatta.
Please join us for the Snipe Masters National Championships!
- Download the Sailing Instructions.
- Download the Course Chart.
- Download the Notice of Race.
- Download the Entry Form.
- Lanny Coon / Leslie Klein (confirmed) Grand Master
- Doug Hart / Beth Hart (confirmed) Master
- Craig Storms / Michael Johnson (confirmed) Apprentice Master
- Bob Bowden / Susan Bowden (confirmed) Master
- Eric Conn / Stacy Conn (confirmed) Grand Master
- Joe Harvard / Grace Fang (confirmed) Master
- Ken Redler / Julie Redler (confirmed) Apprentice Master
- Todd Smith / Cathy Black-Smith (confirmed) Apprentice Master
- Carolyn Krebs / Barb Tillson (confirmed) Apprentice Master
- Eric Krebs / Dave Tillson (confirmed) Apprentice Master
- Jerry Thompson / Mandi Smith (confirmed) Grand Master
- Packy Davis (confirmed) Apprentice Master
- George Walker / Holly O'Hare (confirmed) Master
- Dr. Bob Jackman / John Jackman (confirmed) Grand Master
- Ray Treppa (confirmed) Master
- Butch Michel (confirmed) Master
- Terry Timm / Jerelyn Biehl (confirmed) Grand Master
- Kevin Dumain / Diana Waterbury (confirmed) Apprentice Master
- Nobu Nakagaki / Megumi Nakagaki (confirmed) Apprentice Master
- Craig Leweck / Lisa Leweck (confirmed) Apprentice Master
- Gregg Morton / Stacy Szabo (confirmed) Apprentice Master
- Jack Fretwell / John Fretwell (confirmed) Grand Master
- Tarasa Davis / Aine Fretwell (confirmed) Apprentice Master
- Dixon Smith / Kiki Smith (confirmed) Apprentice Master
- Chris Snow / Becky Nygren(confirmed) Apprentice Master
- Tom Stanford / Brian Stanford (called, register on Thursday)
- Hal Gilreath / Gus Wirth (confirmed) Apprentice Master
- David Ryan / Aimee Heim (in the mail)
- Ron Fox / Kristen Warnick (confirmed) Grand Master
- Dave Schliber / Karen Schibler (confirmed) Grand Master
- Gene Soltero
- Kirk Smith
- Martin Bebb
Social Activities/Reunion Dinner (all of the above along with)
- Tom McLaughlin
- Mike McLaughlin
- Ann McLaughlin
- Karen Fox
- Doug and Jennifer De Souza
- Tom Fisher
- Fretwell Extras
- Vicky and Kenyon Martin
Mail entry forms to:
ATTN: Snipe Masters
1912 Jadero Place
Escondido, CA 92029
$280 for US Sailing Members
$305 for Non US Sailing Members
Add $50 Late fee is mailed after August 27th
Carolyn Nute Memorial Snipe Regatta
October 27–28, 2012
This years Nute regatta is a qualifier for the Snipe Jr Worlds in Rio de Janeiro, Brasil! Sure to be serious competition and, as always, serious fun!
- Sign Up Today! please provide shirt sizes as well, all competitors receive a regatta dry shirt with entry fee.
- Notice of Race
- Sailing Instructions
- Charter Boat Agreement
- All competitors need to be current US SCIRA members, please join today, if you haven't already.